A3 battery
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A3 battery

A3 battery

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tester Won't Produce a Battery Any Extra Your life.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Tester Won't Produce a Battery Any Extra Your life. Empty
PostSubject: Tester Won't Produce a Battery Any Extra Your life.   Tester Won't Produce a Battery Any Extra Your life. EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 2:58 pm

Q: I have a 2003 BMW Z4. The battery died twice all of the sudden because of old age. I've been advised to check the battery regularly, especially after a year. I bought a $50 battery tester so i can check it myself almost every week. Is this is a good plan in terms of battery reliability?

A: I admire your willingness to test the battery on a normal schedule, but how is testing the battery preparing to prolong its life? It is far from, but it may offer an idea of if your battery is starting that will fail.

Battery life is normally somewhat unpredictable. Most automotive batteries seem to survive 3 to 5 years -- nicely in line with their warranties. I don't even think a car owner can extend the relationship of a battery, but Anways, i do believe a car proprietor can shorten battery's life.

The major factors in battery life sound like environmental/ambient temperatures, state of charge, level of electrolyte, superior quality of terminal connections and security of battery mount. Car owners can't keep on it from getting chilly outside, but they can influence one another factors.

If you absolutely do not want to address a dead battery, may well be a relatively simple answer: Replace the battery every few years. Is this often times wasteful? Yes, but should you not accidentally discharge the variety by leaving the signals on or something very much the same, the car will always start.

Install a new battery. A fully accused automotive battery at space temperature should develop 12. 6 volts, give or make a tenth or two. Double-check the battery voltage inside the battery itself with are just looking for voltmeter. If it agrees with the 12. 1-volt checking, the battery is drained. I suspect you'll see extra voltage at the power supply, but if it's in no way above 12. 3, all the battery is suspect.

You can get both the battery along with alternator load tested to substantiate their performance, but the voltage readings you see with the engine running indicate of the fact that alternator is performing in general.
Back to top Go down
https://a3-battery.forumotion.com

Tester Won't Produce a Battery Any Extra Your life.
Page 1 of 1